Sunday, January 27, 2008

A special surprise for 2!

Friday night I went to a surprise baby shower we threw for Nate's cousin, Aleena. She is having twin girls! Aleena is amazingly strong. Because of a genetic disease both her and her husband, Sam, carry, they have lost many of their babies, either by miscarriage or shortly after birth. They have been blessed with one healthy and happy little boy, Bridger, who is a little older than Sadie. They found out that they are now having twin girls, both healthy! We are all so excited for her and so we decided to surprise her with a baby shower, it was a blast. The best was her face when we jumped out and yelled surprise, she was so surprised! We had a fun time having "girl talk" and seeing all of the cute clothes, times two!
Surprise!!! We all hid behind the kitchen furniture and wall and jumped out and yelled "surprise" when she came around the corner with Sam and Bridger. We were a little worried we'd send her into labor, but thank goodness we didn't!




6 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for posting pictures! I wish I could have been there. It looks like it was lots of fun!

Natalie said...

That's exciting for her to have twins! I love that she got two of everything. Her little boy is gonna be in a pink wonderland before he knows it!

Lisa said...

Congratulations to Aleena! The only thing better than one baby girl could be two.... Keep us posted I can't wait to see pictures. Has she picked names?

ciara said...

I think it's great you gave her a shower even though she's already had a little boy. Besides everything else she has gone through she needs lots of cute pink things for TWINS!!!

V and Co. said...

hey marci, dont know if you remember me, friends with your sis ramey and jen, we were all in california together? anyways, i remember you being in jen's new ward, so i clicked on your blog and sure enough its you! just wanted to say hi! still need to get together and do cute crafts somday!

ray-ray says said...

My neighbor and good friend just had twins in September.((one of each)) I am sooooo grateful I've only had one baby at a time! She uses these super cool bottles. They're hands-free. I think they're called "podee". They are a lifesaver for my friend, Cindy.