Monday, February 4, 2008

A love/ hate relationship


"How could they do this to me", I wonder as I order another $5.00 clearance item from Gap.com. How could they give me free shipping on ANY order online with my Gap card? "I love them for doing this!" But, because of this wonderful, yet terrible new benefit, I have become addicted to the clearance section, and my kids' closets are completely stocked for next year's winter. That's good, I know, but sad too because I cannot justify buying anything else... and I love to shop! And there are still so many good deals that I have to at least look at, even if I can't buy them because my kids' closets are full. And then I start thinking, "wait, I have baby gifts to buy... "

I think the UPS guy hates me, seriously he gave me a mean look today. He's probably thinking, "this lady is addicted to online shopping (true) and yet why can't she buy all of these single items together all at once and save me the walk to her doorstep 3 times a week?" Well let me tell you, UPS guy, every day Gap.com's clearance section changes, which means every day there is a chance that they will have a killer deal on a cute shirt or pair of pants for my kids, or whoever the lucky new baby is that I was thinking about that day. And when I get free shipping for anything, even if it's $2.99, how can I not? Right?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL!!! Don't we all have a GAP online love/hate relationship. Mine is Disney Store outlet.com - they send me e-mails to entice me, tease me, seduce me.....

Good luck with your addiction, if you find a cure let me know.

Natalie said...

I love online shopping! There's nothing more exhilirating than finding a good deal...on clearance...pluse free shipping. Ahhh...be still my beating heart.

And now I'm off to check out Gap.com.

ray-ray says said...

Then I probably shouldn't tell about crazy8.com. It's a new thing from The Children's Place. Happy shopping!

Shellee said...

I heart the gap too. Apparently I need to upgrade my card and get free shipping. I still have a minimum purchase to get it, so it slows me down.
Thanks for asking about us today, I appreciated it.

Jennifer Never said...

These end of year sales cost me a lot of money each year, but it's definatly the way to shop!!! It was Old Navy for me this year. I was buying stuff just because it was cheap. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but it was 50% off the clearance price and I couldn't stop. "My name is Jen and I'm a end-of-season-clearance-shop-aholic."

V and Co. said...

and you have shops by you! i on the other hand live 3 hours away from the closest old navy, target, gap...ANY STORE!!! i think i may just have to start jumping on this wagon!