Thursday, January 17, 2008

Holland mints.... mmmmmm...

So, let's go back about 4 years to the week before I had Sadie. My mom was in town and we went shopping at Gardner Village. At the candy store there, my mom bought some easter candy because it was half off (if you know my mom you will understand). One of candies she bought were these little balls. They had a hard candy shell, then a thin layer of creamy milk chocolate (I'm talking Dove creamy) and then a soft mint center. I ended up taking them to the hospital when I had Sadie, and while sitting in there trying to figure out nursing, watching daytime TV, I ate those sweet little balls like they were manna from heaven.

I had no idea what they were called, but every time I've gone into the candy store at Gardner Village, I look to see if they have them. But I could never find them. Which brings us to yesterday. I am shopping with my sister in law, Marcella, and just happen to stop at the candy store. The free fudge was calling my name, what can I say? Anyway, I looked, like usual for the candies. And no luck, but I asked the cashier if she knew what in the world those little balls I've dreamed about for the last 4 years are even called..... and she led me to these candies called "Holland Mints." She even let me taste one to see if it was "the one." And it was! I was so excited. I think I tend to get abnormally excited about food. Needless to say, I bought some and they are wonderful! And they totally bring back memories of having my first baby and the sweetness of those times.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those look good --- I love food and the memories that they bring back.

This is one thing that can be your's and Sadie's forver.

I am so glad that you found them, finally....

Kelly said...

Ooohhh - I'll have to make a trip over there to get some. They sound so good!

ray-ray says said...

i get excited over food, too. i remember eating a snickers candy bar after having corgan. definitley not as cool, or as yummy sounding, as holland mints. i'll have to find me some.

Natalie said...

I love those mints. They are hard to find though. I'm glad you found a store that sells them.