Sunday, January 20, 2008

so... um....


This is Carson's newest phrase. Before he says anything he says "so... um.." Like this morning he said "so... um... pancakes are good." It cracks me up, mostly because it makes me wonder if he got it from me. Do I say that before my sentences?

Why do our kids have to pick up on our bad habits? I can say "oh my gosh" once and Sadie is saying it 20 times a day. (I know it's not that bad, and sounds cute coming from a toddler, she was 2 at the time, but it's a little too close for comfort). But, then the few good habits I have, or try to have, they don't seem to catch onto. Like cleaning up, I clean up after myself, why can't my kids figure that one out?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

So...ummm...that's pretty cute! I hope I get to hear him say it.

Kelly said...

When they say "what the....", you can worry. Oh my gosh is okay in my book. I don't know why, but I'm already trying to instill cleaning up in Simon. He's just not getting it. I don't know why - maybe because he's 12 months?

Jenn said...

I am convinced we don't catch on to the picking up after ourselves until we have a home of our own. I know this to be true with me, My room was always a mess as a teenager. But now I can't stand to live in a mess! Go figure!

ray-ray says said...

amen to why can't they clean up after themselves. and this past summer corgan was saying "what the h#!!", all the time. the first couple of times it was funny. then i had to break his habit.