Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We should have gone to the dance!


Saturday we were at Nate's parents house swimming in their pool. While we were there Chelsie (Nate's 18 year old sister) was with a couple of friends setting up for a dance they were having on the sports court that night. It was a masquerade ball, so Nate's other 2 sisters were going with their beaus with masks on (with masks on who would even know they weren't invited?). We thought about going, but we couldn't get a babysitter on that short of notice. Whatever, right?

NO, not whatever. Guess who showed up to the dance! David Archuleta!!! We should have been there! It's probably a good thing that I wasn't there, actually, because they wanted it to be "normal" for him, and I would have been like one of those 12-year old girls, screaming and crying and wanting a hug.

And this week I am living vicariously through Chelsie. She is on a 5 million dollar house boat on Lake Powell with a bunch of friends and.... David Archuleta!!! Lucky, lucky girl!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

That would have been fun to be there with him. I can't imagine you as a gushing fan though. I'm sure you would have played things cool. Oh well, you'll have to settle for being-with-the-famous once-removed. :)

Jenn said...

Anyone up for a quick Lake Powell trip this weekend? How cool is that....I know he is just the same old kid deep down inside, but I have to admit I would be a little star struck to meet him.

The Hoods said...

I just think that it is neat how you almost know him! He's your sister-in-laws, good friend. How neat is that!?! I'm good enough saying he's my friend's. sister-in-laws, friend! Yeah!!!

Jessica said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you missed him! Shoot - that is so cool that you are that close to knowing him - you have to meet him and let us live vicariosly through you :)

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

You really should have gone! You have missed David too much lately!!! At least you know there are more opportunities with the Milne clan to meet him. :)