Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Day with Thomas

My parents flew in for the weekend, which was a ton of fun. When my parents are here, we go out to eat, go to movies, go shopping, and play the Wii. My kids love it when they're here because they stay up late, eat lots of treats, and get spoiled by Grandma & Grandpa. Today they left, and it is back to REALITY! I'm talking about tantrums galore, I've got 2 tired little kids going through Grandma & Grandpa withdrawls. The hard part is that I am too.

Saturday we had a fun day in Heber seeing Thomas the Train. We were too cheap to actually go on the train ($18 a person for a 25 minute ride!) but the kids were happy just seeing Thomas and taking pictures in front of him. Then we let them each pick something out in the gift shop. I have to say I have never seen so much Thomas the Train stuff in my life! It was crazy.


14 comments:

The Hoods said...

I can't believe how expensive it is to go on a train ride. I bet that was fun to just go see him and I'm sure the kids didn't care. Sorry about your Grandma and Grandpa withdrawals, they can be pretty hard for the kids!

Natalie said...

I didn't know Thomas was in Heber. My kids would love that, although I'm not willing to pay that much for such a short ride. That's pretty steep!

Julie said...

That is expensive, but looks fun! We missed you guys at the BBQ, but I am glad you had fun with your parents! That is a fun surprise!

Jessica said...

Grandparents are the best, we can't wait for ours to come visit again too! Nothing better!

Kelly said...

I wish I would have known about it! Simon would have been in choo-choo heaven. We probably wouldn't have bought the tickets either.

V and Co. said...

i actually have a picture EXACTLY just like the one of your little fam! we went when nate was 3 and ryan was 1, they still talk about it. that was over 5 years ago.

ciara said...

We rode Thomas about 3 years ago, my mother in law paid for all us, no idea it was that much. It's definitly not worth it! The gift shop however is AMAZING!!

Lisa said...

How fun - an adventure in itself just to go up and see THOMAS!

Carson is SO DANG CUTE - he was SO CUTE WITH EMMA at church!! "HI BABY!" He played peek-a-boo with her and shared cars with her - which is one of her favorite toys due to a houseful of older brothers.

Emma about knocked me over trying to get to him - he is such a cute kid. I was having a bad spell during the meeting and his sweet little spirit just lifted me right up out of it - THANK YOU CARSON!!!

ray-ray says said...

that is so cool!

Tiffany said...

We loved Thomas too!! I wish we could have gone together, I would have LOVED to see Carson's reaction to it all.
T

Stacie said...

Holy cow! $18 for a 25 minute ride? Good choice, Mama, to view things from afar! Our house, too, seems overrun with Thomas the Train. They sure are cute toys, though.

Carrie said...

We've been wanting to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

the sheldons said...

Oh my gosh, my nephew would have died and gone to heaven to be able to ride on Thomas. Does it just travel around the US?

estinger said...

I wonder why I didn't see you there?!? I swear, I have bumped into you in Midway more than any other place. I'm glad you guys had fun. Oh and P.S. Your kids are SO CUTE!!!