Monday, June 16, 2008

Zoo, Zip line, and a drunk driver

Life has been busy the last few days. We went to the zoo on Thursday with my friend Stephanie and 2 of her kids, along with 2-year old Blake who they babysit. The zoo has a new carousel to ride on, which was fun.


Then Friday night we drove up the mountains to our ward camp out. Right before we left we had a drunk driver (seriously drunk) hit our tree in our front yard. Since he kept driving, our neighbor followed him and called the cops. I'm glad it was just a tree, and not a person or car.


The ward camp out was a lot of fun. They had a zip line over a creek that Nate took the kids on. Sadie had such a blast on it, she kept asking to go by herself. I of course said "no way" but as soon as I wasn't watching Nate let her go by herself. Think 20 foot drop, no restraints or harnesses, probably a good thing I wasn't there to watch (& kill Nate!).


7 comments:

The Hoods said...

That's fun! Our ward camp out was supposed to be last weekend too, but the place we go still had snow, so they had to cancel it. I can't believe a drunk driver hit your tree, I hope the cops got up to him and gave him a ticket for DUI!

Natalie said...

That's crazy about that drunk driver! I'm glad your kids weren't in the yard when that happened. We're heading up to the zoo one day this week. That carousel will be fun. I feel so bad that we missed the ward campout. We had the kids loaded in the car ready to meet at the church and our car wouldn't start. It looks like it was lots of fun!

Jenn said...

Scary stuff....drunk drivers, daring kids on the zip line and you did not mention kids heads and hands in lions mouths!

I am sad we missed out on the fun activities this week while out of town. Sounds like the ward campout was a success!

Jennifer Never said...

Why do people still drink and drive????? They know they can kill people, and they still do it???!!!! That guy should be dropped off on the deserted island (in my dreams) for all the idiots of the world. In my world we don't need prisons. Just a big island in the middle of the ocean. See ya! Have fun killing each other! AHHHHH!!! But that's just in my world...

Lisa said...

Jenny - I like your idea and wonder often why they closed Alcatraz - they should have pushed it out in the ocean further ....

Marci - what was the make and model of the car so we can keep our eyes out for future infractions.

My nephew is deaf and I worry so much because the speed limit is 25 I KNOW 25 in our neighborhood.

The zipline looks like alot of fun, maybe we will make to the next one.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to dad's to do what we say "no" to. I guess it makes our kids tough, or something like that. That, or in the hospital with broken bones! I wish we lived closer and we could hang out with the kiddos. Summer time always brings back good memories of back in the day.

Julie said...

Sadie is a little dare devil! Go Sadie