Friday, February 15, 2008

Aftermath of a stomach flu

Sadie came down with a stomach flu Tuesday night. We were up all night with her throwing up and diarrhea. I did laundry the next morning and couldn't believe how much there was from one long night! And it wasn't even close to being over. She was sick all day Wednesday, Thursday (I told her we'll celebrate Valentines Day next week) and is finally getting a little better today. She finally had ramen for lunch today after not eating since Tuesday night.
I was really worried about her last night, it is so hard seeing your little one so sick and not be able to do anything about it. I felt so helpless. After lots of prayers and pedialyte popsickles, I think she is on the mend.
There is one cute story from all of this yuckyness. Her sweet preschool teacher, Miss Lori, brought over all of the valentines last night. I showed Sadie all of the valentines one by one while she layed in bed. Miss Lori gave her a Fun Dip with her valentine and Sadie lit up when she saw it. She asked to see it, then she said "when I get better, this is what I want to eat." Then she layed down and snuggled with it. She has carried it around with her since then, and slept with it last night. I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, poor Sadie! I hate when my kids are sick. It's even worse when it's over a fun holiday. I hope she gets better soon. Are you hanging in there? Those certainly make for long weeks for mom.

Lisa said...

Sadie - I am so sorry you are sick sweetheart.
I am glad to hear she is feeling better finally. How cute that she was carrying around her favorite Valentine.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

mead family said...

Marcie,
I was just looking at some blogs and ended up finding yours. Your kids are getting so big. They are way cute. I'm gonna add you to my blog if you don't mind.

Anna Mead

ray-ray says said...

Hopefully she's feeling better by now!!

V and Co. said...

we all had it over here, except not stomach...my kids are still down, since valentines day!!! hope she's better!!!