Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July camping & parade

We had such a fun 4th of July!!! Thursday night we camped out with Nate's whole family in his parent's back yard. We went swimming in the pool, had a BBQ, set up our tents, and then roasted marshmallows by the fire. We all stayed up late singing songs by the fire. Most of the songs were girl's camp songs, which made me miss those good old girl's camps years ago.
We all went to the Murray city parade the next morning. We always sit next to some families from the Milne's ward that are SO fun. They have the list of names of the girls on the floats and we all yell out a name when one comes by. The girl (who has no idea who we are) looks over at us so confused, it's so funny.
Then we went to T & Darin's for a BBQ which was a blast. Thanks for throwing such a fun get together!

I think this is the funniest picture. Right after I took it I realized Nate looks like he's naked in the back ground. He's got his swimsuit on, but it's behind the air mattress.
Sitting by the campfire with 2 tired kids.
Someone actually T.P.ed all of our tents while we were sleeping!


11 comments:

The Hoods said...

I love the 4th of July and all the Patriotic things that go on. The campout in the backyard sound like such a fun family activity. Good seeing you at Ruth's Diner today!!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a ball, his family must do a lot of fun things together! I miss Murray, you will have to start looking for us a home there soon (hopefully)

ray-ray says said...

I LOVE the 4th of July!!

Ummm....your husband looks like he's naked in the first picture. ;)

Jenn said...

I love the idea of a backyard camping trip how fun, I bet it will become a family tradition!

I was dying at that picture of Nate and thinking wow they are a really open family! Too funny.

We also had a blast at T and Darrins house, we are so lucky to have such great and fun families in the ward.

Anonymous said...

Your 4th of July looks like a blast! There's nothing like making memories with extended family. I'm new to the blog world but it is so fun to see what old friends are up to. Your family is so cute, your kids are so big! Check out our blog.

Jamie said...

Marci - Please don't hate me that I've been MIA. I need to call you and make amends. I apologize. I'm just trying to keep my head about water. :)

So fun that you guys camped out in the backyard. I forgot about the Murray parade. It all looks like so much fun. Love the naked pic of Nate. Mike and I laughed so hard at that.

Brittany said...

Okay, so I saw Nate in the picture before I even read your caption and thought Oh No... she doesn't realize what is in the background! I have experience with that kind of stuff you know!

ciara said...

I didn't even see Naked Nate in the photo til you pointed it out, I'm sure he's lovin' that!
Tell Tiffany congrats, she looks so happy in the pictures.
Thanks for planning such a fun 4th BBQ we had a blast, glad you stayed for the fireworks.

Lisa said...

Hey Marcie, it's Lisa Hansen. Looks like you had a fun 4th! I lost that paper with your email address on it, so if you want me to invite you my blog, send me an email at Lisas1128@hotmail.com. I forgot to tell you that Angie and Elizabeth both do blogs also. The links to theirs are on my blog. Talk Soup is Angie & Davis, and Adventures of Spencer & Elizabeth is self explanatory! :)

Julie said...

Looks like a good time! I want to camp in the backyard--all the fun of camping, and you can go in if you get cold! Hey, we should go to the zoo soon. I got a pass while I was in Idaho.

the sheldons said...

That is awesome that you guys do so much with Nate's family and that you all mesh so well together!