Saturday, May 17, 2008

8 cheeseburgers please

Nate took Carson on a Father & Son's camp out last night, which meant Sadie and I got to party it up girly style. We spent the evening at a primary activity where we went to the church museum, Sadie loved the "I am a child of God" exhibit. She spent the entire time taking care of a little black baby she named "Miley" (after Hannah Montana of course). After that we took pictures by the temple. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!!! I tried to have Sadie take a cute picture by the flowers, most of the time she posed in some silly pose, who knew she was even that flexible?
We then went to ice cream with Stephanie and her son Kamden at McDonalds. After we both put in our orders, Stephanie noticed they put 2 cheeseburgers on her tray, but she had only ordered one. She then looked at her receipt and realized they had charged her for 8 cheeseburgers. They were still busy making the other 6. When Stephanie told the lady at the register (she was Mexican) about the mistake, she said "no, you asked for 8 cheeseburgers." Stephanie and I were both laughing, realizing that she had said "I would like A cheeseburger" and the lady thought she said "8" instead of "A." It might be one of those things that was funnier when you're actually there, but hey I was there so it was funny.








9 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute cute cute pictures of Sadie. I'm sad we couldn't go. Don't you love spending one on one time with your kids? I got to have a date with Connor last night just me and him. I love those!

Natalie said...

I really wanted to go, but we had construction crews working on our house. I love the pictures of you guys on the temple grounds. Those flowers are awesome.

Coincidentally, I've had a McDonald's worker make a very similar mistake. There's no way that you and Stephanie could put away 8 cheeseburgers! You skinny little toothpicks!

Jessica said...

Sweet pictures!

Jenn said...

Looks like we missed out on the fun pictures and the dinner at McDonalds. Too funny.

I must say the flower in Sadie's hair is my favorite off all the flowers on the temple grounds.
LOL

mead family said...

I love Sadie's poses. What is with McDonald's they are always making mistakes!

i said...

What a great story! I guess the worker thought you guys were very hungry. Maybe next time you could use your fingers to show quantity and cut out the confusion! :0)

Mojo said...

Looks like a future mommy already.
Mo

ray-ray says said...

Funny story.
Cute pictures of Sadie. It'll be weird to have a little girl that age.

Stacie said...

Marcie! Your kids are beautiful! I'm so glad you found our blog! We haven't been up to Utah in so long and we miss seeing all our cousins. So did your friend ever get back her money for all those cheeseburgers or did you guys just stuff yourselves full?