Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sadie's Baby Birthday Party!

Tuesday night we had quite the party! 10 girls 5 and under, each with their favorite baby doll! It was so cute, we made bracelets for them and their babies, then I gave them each a diaper bag I had made for them with a little blanket, bib, bottle, and diaper inside. They learned how to take care of their babies, change their diapers, feed them, and so forth. It turned out to be the easiest party I have ever done because they were so entertained by the diaper bags and babies, I just sat and watched! (Compared to the usual frantic running around.) Here are a few pictures of the first half of the party, the camera battery went dead for the second half.




I have to add that one of my favorite parts of the night was how excited Carson was to be part of the party. He loved feeding his baby, putting on the diaper bag, everything! Nate finally said, "Carson, let's go play some basketball" and then we lost him. Carson will be a great big brother someday.

8 comments:

ray-ray says said...

How much fun!! What a great idea for a girl's birthday party. And did you really make those diaper bags?! Did you use a pattern? So CUTE!!

Natalie said...

That's ambitious to have that many girls at Sadie's party. I love that idea. I'm going to have to remember that for Cambrie one day. She loves to be a little mommy.

mead family said...

It looks like they had a lot of fun. Those diaper bags are so cute. What a good idea. Happy Birthday Sadie!!

Jenn said...

The diaper bags and goodies inside where so cute! You did a wonderful job and put in alot of effort.They were so cute and Brinley has not stopped playing with them.

I am glad to see that Brinley has a smile on her face, she really did enjoy herself after the initial shy/scared episode.

I hope Sadie had a fun and memorable b-day!

estinger said...

What a good idea! You are so cute and creative! It looks like everyone had a great time. Sadie is adorable!

Jessica said...

what a darling party idea - you went above and beyond it sounds like -I bet the little girls were in heaven! So cute!!

Lisa said...

That is one of the cutest party ideas I have ever seen. Good job all of the girls look so happy!

Happy Birthday Sadie!

the sheldons said...

You are so crafty and talented! that is an adorable idea! You get Mom of the Year award.