Thursday, April 3, 2008

Baby Lucy's Early Arrival




Yesterday Marcella, Nate's brother's wife, went in for her 36 week check-up. She was measuring small and so the doctor sent her to the hospital in Provo to get a special ultrasound. They found out the baby had stopped growing and also saw something on the heart that concerned them. So they rushed her to her hospital where they performed an emergency C-section. The baby girl, Lucy, weighed 5 lbs. 2 oz, and was 16 oz long. She has had some trouble breathing on her own, so she's been on air, and they also have a feeding tube going through her belly button. I went today to visit Marcella and the baby. Marcella, understandably, was pretty upset, and the baby is still in the NICU. But she's a beautiful little baby, and we are praying that she will grow stronger quickly. They will find out today about the heart. Please keep them in your prayers! Thanks!

7 comments:

ray-ray says said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope everything turns out ok. You got it for the prayers---we will do that for them!

Lisa said...

She is beautiful!

Did you meet my nephew Cache when you met my sister-in-law next door? Cache is hearing impaired and also has a heart condition called Long QT - he has a pacemaker. He received his pacemaker when he was 2 days old! We were so scared - we almost packed up our car and drove to Vegas because it was so unsure. Now he is approaching his third birthday and a thriving trouble maker!
We will keep your family in our prayers.

Natalie said...

What a tiny little thing! I definitely hope for the best for them.

Jenn said...

SCARY! We will definately keep your family in our prayers!

estinger said...

Poor little thing, I'll keep them in my prayers. On the bright side, that sounds like what happened with my daughter. She was born at 5 pounds 7 ounces (2 days late) because she had stopped growing - and she's just FINE! Oh and ironically, Lucy was one of our name choices! She's a doll!

Jessica said...

Is this Anthony's little baby? Poor thing, I hope all goes well, for sure keep me posted on it!

V and Co. said...

oh will pray for sure! poor momma and little one!