Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Redbox Mondays & BYOB Tuesdays!

Monday T. and I decided to venture to Smith's together, along with our 4 kids. Our kids are actually pretty good together. We always say shopping would be perfect with just Sadie and Matthew, it's Faith and Carson that make it difficult. But, after we're all done shopping we head to the Redbox machine on the way out of the store. T. has the Monday code for a free movie on her cell phone, and so we decided it would be great to each get a free movie, thanks T! She gets her movie, moves to the side, and then I get my movie. I decide that I will gather up my courage and watch I am Legend with Nate. I put it in my box, put in the code, slide my card, and check out.
So, move forward in time about 5 hours... I am sitting there during nap time and suddenly think, "where did I put that movie?" And then I think, "did I even get the movie?" Oh crap!!! I run over to T's house and ask her "did you get my movie, "no!" I can just see someone coming up to the machine right after we leave, and seeing that some idiot left a DVD sitting in the slot decides it's their lucky day! I call Redbox customer service, and they were super nice. They took the last 4 digits of my credit card and found out that it hadn't even come out at all, so I wouldn't be charged at all! Wow, that is lucky, love you Redbox!
Moral of the story, when you rent a movie, always remember to grab the movie after you have paid for it!
So I found out this awesome secret that I am going to share with all of you because that's the kind of person I am :)

The movie theatre on 9000 south and Redwood has Bring Your Own Bowl on Tuesdays! This means that you bring your own bowl and you can get it filled with popcorn for $.50. The reason it's so exciting is that we love taking the kids to movies, but because popcorn costs $5.00 (and it's a must with 2 kids!) we always have to wait until the movies come to the dollar theatre, otherwise going to the movies would cost $30 plus.

We went and saw Horton Hears a Who last night and it was super cute, I loved that it had a deeper message to it. Really a great movie, I'd highly recommend it.


5 comments:

ray-ray says said...

The Albertson's here has Redbox, but our Fred Meyer has the Movie Cube; it has soooooo many more movies!! I LOVE it! It's way easier than going into the movie store with the kids in tow. If you're ever up at your parents and want to see a movie, go to the Kent Station theater. It's only $5 before noon on ANY movie ((including new releases!)), Friday's, Saturday's and holidays!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the super tech highway of Blogging ... I am going to commit the BYOB Tuesdays to memory, is it all day?

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing your great popcorn deal. Our family also loved Horton hears a who. It is a movie to buy for sure!

Tiffany said...

I must say Monday Shop Day is so much funner with you even with all our crazy kids! It has to become a tradition (not forgetting the movie though:))
T.

the sheldons said...

That is hilarious!!! I LOVE Redbox. We just got one here in Davenport a month or two ago and once of our friend gave us a list of free rental codes so we just keep getting them for free. I hear that Redbox started in Utah in McDonalds?!