Saturday, August 29, 2009

My thrifty craft

I thought of a cute way to store flower hair clips, but didn't want to spend the money for a new frame and backer-board. So, I took this rooster picture that was replaced by the temple picture I got for Christmas....
And then with a little spray paint (actually a lot, black is hard to cover), some fabric, ribbon, lots of hot glue, and my handy dandy staple gun (love that thing!) I transformed that old rooster picture into.....



A little flower garden for my girls' flower clips.


Here it is above the dresser. Don't you love the feeling of doing a craft AND saving money?

13 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

Stop it! That is so adorable!

Brooke Franco said...

That is so cute!!! You are so creative! That would help me keep track if I was missing one! I love it!

Karin said...

Perfectly perfect

The Dabo's said...

I would like to order one please. Thanks.

Julie said...

That is really cute, you crack me up with your craftiness.

Marcella said...

SUPER CUTE!!! You are so crafty and you are SO FAST too, you probably whipped that baby up in 30 minutes!

Ciara said...

That turned out really cute, my question do you even want to take one off or are just making more flowers?

Jenn said...

such a cute idea Marcie! i bet people would pay you to make those:) did Sadie start kindergarten this week? are you guys still thinking of coming to vegas in the fall? we need to catch up:) love you!

estinger said...

Hey Marcie-
I'm SO GLAD you left a message for me! I read your blog all the time and I felt dumb leaving a comment because it's been so long. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together soon. You girls are so fun and I just love you guys. Let's plan something!
Emily

Mer said...

Leave it to Marcie. You are amazing! I love that! If it were mine, though, the flowers would be gone and scattered around the house within a couple hours and I would be left with a bunch of stems on the wall.

Natalie said...

I love the ribbon holder. You could sell those! Very darling!

Tina said...

WAY cute! What a great idea!

Lisa said...

Wow Marcie! That is so cute! Do not ever wonder why you are the Activity Days leader!

You are so creative and talented you need to pass it on!