Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Diaper free... for a couple of months at least.

Carson is officially potty-trained! We had a rough couple of days at the beginning, but once he got it he really got it. He hasn't had an accident for several days and is little mr. independent when it comes to the restroom. I'm enjoying not changing diapers for the time being and we are all excited to go to Ikea. 2 kids in the playzone for a whole hour, that's a whole hour of shopping without kids! Anyone up for a morning at Ikea and meatballs for lunch afterward? ( I LOVE their meatballs!)
And now I get to start stocking up on newborn-size diapers, which are so much more fun to buy than size 4.
Here's a picture of Carson in our "Underpants Parade" we did, from the Go Potty Go movie we rented from the library.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats! Way to go Carson! I can't get Cambrie potty trained. She holds it. Any advice for me?

Brittany said...

Congrats!!! That is a great feeling!! Ikea...here we come!!

Mer said...

wow, nice work! I really need to potty train Caden, but he is showing ZERO interest. I'll have to go get that movie from the library.

Jared and Stephanie said...

I just potty trained Isaac. I am now diaper free completely. This has never happened before. I am sorry you have to go buy more. It is odd but freeing to not have to buy diapers.
Stephanie

Jenn said...

Now that is a face of a very proud potty trained little boy! Way too go!

Ciara said...

So glad you will only have one in diapers! Congrats Carson!! However Marcie he will HATE that picture in a couple years. Or are you just going to have a couple blackmale photos on hand just in case :)

ray-ray says said...

oh---i LONG for the day when i'll be changing my last diaper.

i guess i first have to stop having babies.

yay, carson!

Jamie said...

Congrats Carson! No more diapers! Out with one in diapers and you'll soon have another one in them again! But you're right, newborn diapers are so much cuter than #4s.

Also, I wanted to email Marcella to see if I can get invited to her blog. Do you have her email address?