Monday, September 8, 2008

We are home!!!

After 3 weeks in WA and another long 13 hour car trip, we are finally home! We had a fun trip. The first week we were camping with my family. Sadie and Carson LOVED tubing behind my Dad's boat. I was shocked that Sadie was absolutely fearless when it came to the tubes. She kept yelling "faster!" to my Dad.


We had a really fun time celebrating my Mom's 50th birthday. Some fun games, good food, and great company!
And then... the next weekend Nate and I met in San Diego for his sister Tiffany's wedding to Blake Nelson. What a beautiful, fun wedding!
We had a blast sitting together with all of Nate's siblings and their spouses.

The spent the next day at the beach surfing. Well, Nate surfed while I read and relaxed on the beach. Nice. Nate's cousin Nicole and friend Mike caught this pigeon that had a string caught on it's foot. They were kind enough to remove the string before eating the bird (just kidding, they let it go.)
And then it was back to WA. My kids had so much fun playing with their cousin, Tyson. We went to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. However due to a flat tire on the double jogging stroller, we ended up seeing, uh.... 2 animals and spending the rest of the day in a play area called "zoonazium." The kids probably had more fun anyway.
Next weekend, Nate and some of his Murray friends (and their cute wives) fly in for the BYU game against the U of Washington. The first day we went to the Puyallup fair, great food, cute animals... and free admission. Now that's what I'm talking about!
And then, to cap off my trip: The BYU game at UW. We had SO much fun going to the pre-game BYU party (there were TONS of BYU fans there) and our seats were great. The game was super tense until the very end when we finally won by 1 point with 1 second left in the game! They got a penalty for celebrating after a touch down, and then we blocked their extra point! Go Cougs!

13 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you're back. It sounds like you had a great trip. I love the picture of Carson and Sadie on the tubes.

Karin said...

Holy cow!You are on the ball with this update. I was only gone for 3 days and all I've done is dump out our suitcases and made a big mess :)

Lisa said...

What a great trip! Happy to have you guys home!

Go Utes!!! LOL! Just kidding!

The Hoods said...

Sounds like you guys had a way fun trip!!! Welcome Back!!

Jenn said...

Wow babe! what a fun trip you had! your kids are growing too fast i can't wait to come see them! and i swear sadie has the same facial expressions as you! how cute. oh and tiffany's dress is gorgeous! please tell me we can go dress shopping together in utah! :)

Brittany said...

You were gone for forever!!! I'm glad you had a fun trip! Lots and lots has happened around our place! I'll fill ya in later!

Tiffany said...

Looks like such a great trip but we here in Utah misssssssed you!! Glad you are HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcella said...

Glad your back! It looks like you had a blast in Washington. I can't believe Carson's hair!!! It is SO LONG! What a stud! Benny has sure missed him. Lets hang out sometime next week.

ray-ray says said...

Wow! That's a long trip. But you've got lots of great pictures from lots of fun things you managed to cram in!!

Julie said...

This was the best time! It was such a great trip! Thank you again!

Julie Knowlton said...

I loved that trip. And I love your parents. And I love your kids. I miss them already. So does "Breeannigan".

See you tomorrow!

Jamie said...

How fun! I'm sorry we missed all the good times. I'm still not sure why Mike didn't want to go. He'll be jealous after seeing all these fun pics.

Glad you're back!

Jenn said...

Wow you guys really know how to vacation!
Glad you are home, glad you had fun and glad you are back to blogging.